APPLE TART WITH PEAR JAM
SWEETEST,SUGAR-FREE APPLE TART WITH PEAR JAM AND CARAMEL SAUCE
Let me show you this yummy,sweet,flavorful and healthier apple tart with pear jam.
It has got an amazing sweet taste.It is really flavorful because of the combination between apples and ground cinnamon powder.This combination is one of the best ever.All desserts,which include apple and cinnamon in them,are actually great.I really like them.
And one of these yummy and sweet desserts is this apple tart.It is made with only natural ingredients.No refined white sugars,no refined white flours,no excess saturated and trans fats.Only natural.
This tart is really easy to prepare and cook.You will only need to spread the pear jam or jelly over the crust,place the apple on it,sprinkle with some cinnamon and bake it.Really easy and light.Everyone can make it.It only takes about 30-35 minutes to bake.One easy and fast dessert option for the whole family.Or your best friends on your party with them.
The sweetness comes from the sweet apples,cinnamon,and the sugar-free pear jam or jelly.One optional ingredient for more sweetness is the sugar-free caramel sauce.You can find this in the most grocery stores.Again,it is optional,but the taste with it is much better and sweeter.
In this recipe I used pre-made store-bought pastry crust for the base of this healthier apple tart.About 9 inch crust is good.When buying your pastry crust,look at the ingredients in it.Make sure that you choose crust without sugar and without refined flours.The only ingredients which are allowed are flour,salt and butter or oil.The sugar-free,whole wheat pastry crust is the best.And has better taste than any other pastry crust.So,if you want healthy apple tart,buy whole wheat,unsweetened pastry crust.
For the apples,I used red sweet apples.I did not peeled them.Any other type of apples will work well too for this recipe,but be sure to choose sweet type.If not,the tart will be not so sweet,and you will no like the taste of it.So,please choose only sweet apples for this recipe.
The sugar-free pear jam can be replaced with the regular one,but in this case the recipe will not be sugar-free.Also the pear jelly is good option.If you do not have pear jam or jelly,or do not want to use it,use unsweetened apple sauce instead.It will be good too.This is your choice,but I think that with the pear jam,this tart is better.And sweeter.
If you want more sweetness to this apple tart,you can drizzle a little bit of liquid stevia or sprinkle some powdered stevia on the top of it before baking it in the oven.Another,good option for more sweetness is the raw honey.Or all-natural maple syrup and raw agave nectar.I did used these,and the result was good.So I not recommend you to add them.You do not have need.If you add them,you will also add more calories to the tart.So keep it simple.
I also added some unsalted raw almonds on the top of the tart after baking it. They will add more taste. And more nutrition to the final product. They are know with their health benefits.And finally for the best taste and flavor,I added a drizzle of sugar-free caramel sauce on the top of the baked apple tart.You can add some dried fruits like cranberries or raisins.
You will need a tart or pie pan to make this tart.Instead of these two,you can use cake form. I actually used cake form. And I think that it was good.
You can mix the cinnamon with some ground nutmeg and ground ginger powder,if you want more spices. This is optional. I kept it simple and used only ground cinnamon powder.
And that is it for this sweet and yummy apple tart.If you like recipes for healthy desserts like this tart check my latest recipe for cinnabon cinnamon rolls with vanilla icing , banana oatmeal muffins and chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting .These three recipes are actually three of my best favorite desserts of all time.Especially the cinnabon cinnamon rolls with vanilla icing .
I hope that you like this post and this healthier apple tart and if so,please comment below and share. I recommend you to subscribe to my blog newsletter to receive new healthier recipes like this one. Every single day.
Thank you really much for reading and stopping at my blog.Enjoy this sweet recipe and have a good time!
- 1 pre-made whole wheat,unsweetened pastry crust (about 9 inches)
- 1/2 cup or about 120 grams sugar-free pear jam or jelly (or unsweetened apple sauce)
- 4 medium size sweet red apples (or any other type of sweet apples)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon powder (optional)
- 1 handful of raw unsalted almonds (chopped) (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar-free caramel sauce for topping (optional)
- The first step of making this sweet tart is to preheat your oven to 350°F or 170°C degrees.
- Use a non-stick cooking spray and spray some of it on you cake form or tart pan.If you do not have non-stick cooking spray,brush the pan with some extra virgin olive oil or unsalted grass-fed butter.
- Take your pastry crust and place it in the pan.Fold the edges to fit not too tight in the pan.
- With a spoon,spread the pear jam or jelly over the crust.
- Wash and cut your sweet apples.Cut them into thin slices.Do not peel them.
- Assemble them on the crust.You can make two layers of apples if you have more.
- Sprinkle with some ground cinnamon powder over the top.
- Put the pan in the oven and bake the tart for about 30-35 minutes.Until it is golden brown and fully baked.
- After baking,remove from the oven and drizzle a little bit of caramel sauce on the top.
- Cut into portions and serve immediately or enjoy it chilled.
- You can toss the ready apple tart with some liquid or powdered stevia for more sweetness.You can also add some cranberries or raisins for sweeter taste.
- Store this tart in the fridge for up to 1 week.