These baked apples are one of the easiest and healthiest desserts,which you can make for yourself.Or your lovely family or best friends.They taste absolutely amazing and really sweet.Really easy and fast to prepare and cook.With only 5 ingredients.When I was a kid,I really liked these apples when my Mom made them.And my family too.
The smell of cinnamon,honey and walnuts was awesome.And the taste was really good too.I was so inspired of them,and now I want to share this yummy and so sweet recipe for these baked apples with you.The recipe is actually sugar free.The sweetness comes from the raw honey,sweet apples and ground cinnamon powder.
The combination between these three ingredients is absolutely great and really tasty.Instead of raw honey,I think that you can use all natural and unsweetened maple syrup or raw natural agave nectar.They will work well too for this tasty recipe.For the apples,my Mom used red or yellow sweet apples and I am using them too,but the green Granny Smith apples will work also really good for this dessert.The cinnamon adds that sweet smell and flavor to these yummy apples.I really love cinnamon and like to use it in any type of dessert.In pancakes,waffles,cakes,muffins and many,many others.My Mom did not used walnuts for this recipe,but I will use them.Because I think that in this way the final product will be much better and much tastier.They add some more crunch to the baked apples and more health benefits.
Walnuts are one of the best foods on the planet.They contain big amount of healthy,unsaturated,monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats.Also they contain Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids which are important for our health,hair,bones,skin and others.They are really good ingredient especially for this recipe.If you do not have raw walnuts in your home,or do not want to use them in this recipe,I recommend you to try raw pecans instead of them.The pecans are also healthy and are one of the best choices in this case.If you use raw pecans instead of raw walnuts,I think that the better choice is to use sugar-free maple syrup instead of raw honey.Pecans packs perfectly with the maple syrup.You will made the maple-pecan flavor in this way.But in anyway,the result will be awesome and flavorful.
One optional ingredient which will add some more creaminess,taste and flavor is the butter.Just unsalted grass-fed cow butter.I will use it for this recipe,but you can skip it.If you want.The alternative for it is the extra virgin melted coconut oil if you want to make the recipe vegan-friendly.It will be good,I think.And,this is for the baked apples.Really easy and light to cook,right?I promise,that you will be amazed of the taste and flavor of them after trying.One of the best time to make these yummy apples is the Christmas.In this time everything smells like cinnamon and apples.If you like recipes for Christmas dessert,you should check my recipe in the blog for apple pie .This is the fastest and easiest recipe for apple pie which you can view.I hope that you will like this post and if so,please comment and share it.Also subscribe to the blog newsletter to receive new yummy recipes.Every single day.Thank you really much for reading!Enjoy these sweet baked apples and have a good time!
BAKED APPLES RECIPE
HEALTHY,SWEET AND SUGAR FREE BAKED APPLES WITH WALNUTS,HONEY AND CINNAMON
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 257
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 30g
Saturated Fat 7g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 16g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 92g
Dietary Fiber 16g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 9 medium size red or yellow sweet apples (or any other type of sweet apples)
- 1 cup raw and unsalted walnuts (crushed or chopped) (or raw unsalted pecans)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoons or more raw honey (if you like the apples sweeter,use more honey)(or natural maple syrup or raw agave nectar)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted grass-fed cow butter (or melted extra virgin coconut oil) (optional)
- The first step is to prepare the sweet apples.
- Wash them and cut out the top of each one.Do not throw the top part.Save it.
- With a small spoon or something like that,scoop out the inside part of the apple.Remove the core and the seeds.
- Crush or chop the raw walnuts.
- Put them in a medium size mixing bowl or plate.
- Add the ground cinnamon powder and the raw honey or maple syrup.
- Melt the butter or extra virgin coconut oil in the microwave for about 30 seconds or on the stove for about 1 minute.
- Add the melted butter to the bowl with walnuts,honey and cinnamon.Set aside.
- Mix everything very well,until it is well combined.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Put the stuffing from honey,walnuts,cinnamon and butter in the apples.
- Get a baking sheet or any other baking dish and place baking or parchment paper on it.If you do not have baking paper,spray a little bit of non-stick cooking spray or brush with some extra virgin olive oil or butter on the dish.
- Place the stuffed apples on the baking dish and add a little bit of water in the dish.
- Put them in the oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes until they are fully cooked.
- After baking,remove from the oven and serve them immediately.They are better when are warm.
- And that is it.You just made one healthy and sweet,sugar free dessert for the whole lovely family or best friends.
- After baking you can sprinkle some more ground cinnamon powder on the top of each baked apple for some more sweet taste and amazing flavor.
HEALTHY RECIPES https://www.thehealthierrecipes.com/