HEALTHY AND SWEET SUGAR FREE BANANA MUFFINS
Do you like muffins?I really like.Especially these from this yummy recipe.Everyone want something sweet for breakfast or dessert.But without these excess sugars,fats,and calories in it.Because most of the store-bought desserts like these banana muffins are full with unhealthy ingredients.And are made with a lot of oil or butter.But there is an alternative to these bad choices.Here is a recipe for banana muffins with an awesome taste and flavor.
Try them and you will be amazed.These muffins are sugar-free and are packed with protein.They are also flourless.The “flour” is protein powder and carob “flour” or cocoa powder.If you don’t want to use protein powder or if don’t have it,you can add a little bit of plain or whole wheat gluten-free flour to the batter.Or almond flour will work too.To sweeten these muffins,I am using ripe bananas,dried fruits and stevia.The stevia is optional,but it will add sweeter taste.For the dried fruits,you can use any type of fruits.Like dried apricots,plums,dates,cranberries,raisins,goji berry and many others.For this recipe,I am using goji berry and cranberries.
Also you can use different flavor of protein flavor.In this recipe,I used unflavored version.Try to make with other nuts like almonds,cashews,peanuts and others.I am using hazelnuts because I think that it is a good combination with the bananas and cocoa powder.Feel free to do anything that you like and enjoy the best with these banana muffins.Have a good time!If you like recipes like this one,I recommend you to try this:Chocolate Coconut Muffins . These are also sugar-free and protein packed.And so,so sweet and yummy.Enjoy!
HEALTHY,YUMMY,SWEET,SUGAR FREE AND PROTEIN BANANA MUFFINS
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 38
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 4g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 11g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 cup cottage cheese (low fat or fat free)
- 5 tablespoons carob flour or cocoa powder
- 1 large ripe banana (mashed)
- 1 fresh whole egg
- 3 egg whites
- 2 scoops protein powder (any flavor)
- 50 grams dried fruits (any type)
- 70 grams raw nuts (ground) (any nuts)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia powder (optional)
- Place the dried fruits and raw nuts in a high speed blender or food processor and blend well.
- Add the protein powder,baking powder,cocoa powder or carob flour and blend well again.
- Beat the egg whites in a bowl with mixer until they are fluffy.
- In other bowl,mix the cottage cheese with the whole egg,stevia,mashed banana.Use a mixer or hand blender to blend the mixture until it is homogenized.
- Add the ground nuts and fruits to the bowl with cottage cheese while stirring.
- Next is to fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Mix well everything.
- Preheat the oven to 180C degrees.
- Spray a muffin tin or pan with some non-stick cooking spray or brush with a little bit of extra virgin olive or butter.
- Divide the muffin batter into each muffin cup.
- Put the muffin tin or pan in the oven and bake the muffins for about 25-30 minutes.Until they are golden brown.
- After baking,remove them from the oven and set aside to chill and cool down completely before serving and eating.
- That's it.You just made your own healthy and sweet dessert.
- Make sure to leave these muffins to cool down completely,because the taste will be not so good.They are better when are chilled.
HEALTHY RECIPES https://www.thehealthierrecipes.com/