HEALTHY RAW CARROT CAKE
Sweet raw carrot cake covered with cashew cream glaze and finished with walnuts and cinnamon.The cake is made from grated and peeled carrots,crushed walnuts,pitted dates,coconut shreds,ground cinnamon,ground nutmeg and a pinch of sea or table salt.This cake is gluten and sugar-free.It is also vegan friendly.To add sweetness to this cake,I used agave nectar (syrup).If you don’t have agave syrup,feel free to use natural maple syrup or honey.The taste will be really good too.
The recipe is super easy and light to prepare and make because you don’t have to preheat the oven and wait to bake the cake.This healthy cake is no bake.You just need a refrigerator to refrigerate the cake before serving.The result is one healthy,sweet,raw,vegan carrot cake which everyone will love after trying.Enjoy and have a good time.
Other recipes for healthy and super sweet and yummy cakes you can find here:Peach Jam Cake and Raffaello Cake.These are also healthy and really tasty especially the Raffaello cake.You can find a lot of this type of cakes in the blog.Subscribe to the newsletter to receive new healthy recipe every single day.Have a nice day.
CARROT CAKE RECIPE
Sweet and yummy carrot cake
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 1827
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 214g
Saturated Fat 40g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 66g
Monounsaturated Fat 100g
Total Carbohydrates 246g
Dietary Fiber 43g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 1/2 cups grated and peeled carrots (about 3-4 medium size carrots)
- 1 cup raw walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of sea or table salt
For the cashew cream glaze
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts (soaked in water for one night)
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons raw agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- pinch of sea or table salt
- 1/3 cup melted extra virgin coconut oil
- crushed walnuts or pecans and cinnamon for garnishing (optional)
- Grate and peel the carrots and put them with the walnuts (or pecans),pitted dates,shredded coconut,sea (or table) salt,ground cinnamon and nutmeg in a high speed blender or food processor and blend until everything is well combined.
- Spread the mixture on a covered with baking paper circular dish.
- Refrigerate while you are making the glaze.
- To make the cashew cream,drain the soaked cashew nuts and dry them with towel.
- In a food processor,put the cashews,water,agave nectar,vanilla extract,salt and lemon juice.
- Process until you have thick and creamy mixture.About 10 minutes.
- Add the melted coconut oil and blend once again.
- Pour the ready cream on the refrigerated cake and put it in the freezer for about 2 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and and leave the cake to chill for 10 minutes on a room temperature.
- Sprinkle with crushed walnuts or pecans and more cinnamon on the top.
- Cut it with sharp knife into pieces and serve.
- Enjoy the sweetness.
- If the cake is hard,leave it for a longer time on a room temperature to became soft and easy to cut into pieces.This recipe yield about 8-10 pieces of cake.Enjoy!
HEALTHY RECIPES https://www.thehealthierrecipes.com/