CHILLI CON CARNE
TASTY MEXICAN CHILLI CON CARNE
I wondered what to cook this week and decided to ask my friends for ideas.The Chilli Con Carne was the first thing that one of my friends told me.It is dish from the Mexican cuisine and translated means chilli with meat.
I wanted to try this dish so I decided to make it.I looked at many different recipes.Most of them did not inspired me.They sounded good,but somehow plain.After a little bit of searching,however,I came across some more interesting options,a combination of which is my recipe for this tasty Mexican meal.
This recipe yields big portions,so you can enjoy one healthy and tasty family dinner when you make it.It’s full of taste and flavors.One of the best and most famous Mexican recipes of all time.
Enjoy and have a good time.If you are fan of the Mexican cuisine,I recommend you to try these recipes with an amazing taste and flavor: Guacamole dip , Taco Beef , Guacamole and Taco Soup .
Chilli Con Carne recipe
Tasty dish from the Mexican cuisine.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 1091
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 122g
Saturated Fat 41g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 8g
Monounsaturated Fat 54g
Total Carbohydrates 217g
Dietary Fiber 42g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 kilogram minced meat of your choice (beef,pork,chicken,turkey and etc.)
- You can also use soy mince to make it vegan.
- 1-2 medium size white onions
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 can red kidney or white beans (about 400-500 grams)
- 1 can canned tomatoes (about 800 ml)
- a little bit of tomato puree
- 2 medium size green peppers
- 1-2 medium size red peppers
- hot chilli peppers
- 300 ml dark beer
- 1 espresso shot
- worchester sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- oil or butter for cooking
- 4 tablespoons coconut or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon red pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 pinch of ground cinnamon
- Himalayan,sea or table salt to taste
- The first thing to do is to combine all of the seasoning and spices in a small bowl and mix well.
- After this,peel and dice the onion and garlic cloves.Fry them for a little bit on a preheated to medium heat non-stick cooking pan.
- Add the minced meat of your choice to the pan with onion and garlic.Cook until the mince is brown.
- Add the seasoning and spice mix to the pan and stir well everything.
- Next is to add the canned tomatoes,espresso shot and dark beer to the pan.Add some tomato puree and water if needed until you reach the desired consistency.Cook for about 15-20 minutes on low heat.
- In the meantime,wash and dice the red and green peppers and hot chilli peppers.
- After 15-20 minutes of cooking,add the peppers and beans to the pan and stir everything.
- Add the vinegar.
- Cook for additional 30 minutes on low heat.
- After that serve into plates or bowls,garnish with some fresh cut parsley and sour cream on the top and enjoy the Mexican taste.
- Optional for this recipe is to add some canned green peas and sweet corn for some more taste and flavor.Also you can grate some parmesan or cheddar cheese on the top.Have a good time!
HEALTHY RECIPES https://www.thehealthierrecipes.com/