CINNABON CINNAMON ROLLS
HEALTHIER SWEET CINNABON CINNAMON ROLLS WITH VANILLA ICING
At last,I decided to try to make homemade cinnabon cinnamon rolls.Which are healthy and without too much sugar and excess fat.Usually I like simpler,easier and faster recipes,but today actually I wanted to make something different.And the decision was these yummy,sweet and flavorful cinnamon rolls.
The result was absolutely awesome and with an amazing taste and flavor.So sweet,so yummy,so good. Actually,these cinnamon rolls were the tastiest thing which I have ever made.
If you are a fan of the healthier desserts like this one,you must necessarily try them.I promise that you will love them.They are incredible tasty.And the most important is that they can be prepared at home with healthier ingredients.Without refined white sugars and refined white flours.
If you can not eat them at once,they are freezer friendly.So you can freeze them for up to one month and enjoy them at your breakfast mornings.Just remove them from the freezer,cover with damp paper towel and put in the microwave on high-speed for about 1 minute.And you have one sweet and healthy fast breakfast.Really cool,yeah?
Instead of using the microwave, you can just remove them from the freezer and leave them on a room temperature for about 20-30 minutes.They became unfrozen really fast.
These yummy cinnamon rolls can be prepared also in the bread maker,if you have one.
For the flour in these yummy rolls,I used whole wheat flour.It is really healthy and my favorite exactly.But I think that the spelt or oat flour will work well too for this recipe.
You will also need some dry yeast,salt,fresh whole egg,extra virgin olive oil,stevia and milk to make the dough.For the salt,I used sea salt,but the Himalayan or table sea are good too.
The fresh whole egg can be replaced with flax or chia eggs for the vegan option of this recipe.Instead of extra virgin olive oil you can use sunflower oil or melted extra virgin coconut oil.
The stevia is optional,if you do not use it,the rolls will be not so sweet.It can be replaced with coconut sugar or other powdered sweetener.For the milk,you can use any type.Like cow,almond,coconut,soy and cashew milk.
To make the filling,I used some softened unsalted grass-fed cow butter,coconut sugar and ground cinnamon powder.The butter can replaced with softened coconut butter.
For the vanilla icing,you will need some more powdered stevia,some milk and vanilla extract to make that vanilla flavor. Actually this icing is optional,but the taste will be better and sweeter with it.
Finally,for topping I used some raw unsalted almonds.They are good combination with cinnamon.Especially in cinnamon rolls like these.
That is it for this recipe.If you like healthy ideas like this one you should check this chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting and banana oatmeal muffins.These yummy dessert recipes are two of my best favorites.I hope that you will like these sweet cinnabon cinnamon rolls and,if so please comment this post and share it.
Also subscribe to the blog newsletter to receive new sweet recipes like this one.Every single day.
Thank you really much for stopping at my blog.Enjoy this tasty recipe and have a good time!
CINNABON CINNAMON ROLLS
YUMMY,SWEET AND HEALTHIER CINNABON CINNAMON ROLLS WITH VANILLA ICING ON THE TOP
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 708
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 80g
Saturated Fat 26g
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 9g
Monounsaturated Fat 40g
Total Carbohydrates 620g
Dietary Fiber 21g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
For the dough
- 1 cup or 240 milliliters milk of your choice (cow,almond,cashew,soy,coconut milk)
- 3 tablespoons or 45 milliliters extra virgin olive oil (or sunflower oil or melted extra virgin coconut oil)
- 1 fresh whole egg + 2 egg whites (or flax or chia eggs)
- 1/4 cup powdered stevia (or other powdered sweetener)
- 4 cups whole wheat flour (or spelt,or oat flour)
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan,sea or table salt
- 3 teaspoons dry yeast
For the filling
- 2 tablespoons softened unsalted grass-fed cow butter (or softened extra virgin coconut butter)
- 1/2 cup or 100 grams coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon powder
For the vanilla icing
- 1/2 cup powdered stevia
- 2-3 tablespoons milk of your choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- raw unsalted almonds for topping
- The first step of making these yummy cinnamon rolls is to prepare your dough.
- Place all of the ingredients for the dough in a large mixing bowl,one by one.
- Stir everything together.
- Mix well until all of the ingredients are well combined and you have a dough.
- Cover the ready dough with plastic foil or towel and leave it for about 30 minutes to chill and rise a little bit.
- After that,place the dough on a sprinkled with more flour flat surface.
- Use rolling pin to roll out the dough.
- To prepare the filling,mix the softened cow butter or coconut butter with the coconut sugar and ground cinnamon powder in a small mixing bowl.Mix well.
- Spread the filling over the rolled dough evenly.
- With your hands,roll the dough.Use a sharp knife to cut it into rolls.
- Take a baking dish like casserole dish and spray it with some non-stick cooking spray or grease with some more butter or oil.Sprinkle some more flour to prevent the rolls from sticking.
- Place the ready cinnamon rolls in the baking dish.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F or 170°C degrees.
- Put the dish in the preheated oven and bake the rolls for about 20 minutes.Until they are golden brown.
- In the meantime,prepare your vanilla icing.
- Just mix the powdered stevia,milk of your choice and vanilla extract in a small bowl,until the mixture is like a liquid.
- After the rolls are completely baked,remove them from the oven and pour the ready vanilla icing on the top of them.
- Use a knife to cut them and serve immediately or enjoy them chilled.
- One optional ingredient are the almonds.Top the ready cinnamon rolls with them for the best taste.
HEALTHY RECIPES https://www.thehealthierrecipes.com/