I decided to try recipes for many different breads,especially cornbread.There are recipes that you have to wait the dough for the bread to rise or others which you can make the dough and put it in the oven immediately.The result in all of these recipes is that you will make delicious and tasty bread.
You don’t have to use too much yeast to make a bread.Some people like to add sugar to the dough but I don’t.I put a little bit of salt in it which helps the dough to have good consistency.When you wait for the dough to rise you have to cover it with towel or foil to prevent it from drying and hardening.You want soft and easy to knead dough.In this recipe I will show you a healthy way to make homemade,tasty cornbread which is healthy.It’s best served with a bowl of chili.
Tasty and healthy,homemade cornbread.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 375
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 43g
Saturated Fat 7g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 9g
Monounsaturated Fat 23g
Total Carbohydrates 528g
Dietary Fiber 30g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 450 grams plain or whole wheat flour
- 225 grams corn flour
- 1 cup water (room temperature)
- 7 grams dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tsp stevia or other sweetener (optional)
- In a bowl,dissolve the yeast with the water.Add half of the corn flour and 50 grams of the plain flour.Mix to make a dough.
- Cover the bowl with foil and leave it to rest in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
- After that,add the extra virgin olive oil and milk.Mix well.
- In other bowl,combine the other half of corn flour and the leftover plain flour.
- Gradually add these flours to the bowl with the dough.Add the sea salt.Mix with hands to form a dough.
- Knead with hands for about 10 minutes.
- Grease a large bowl with some oil or butter and place the ready dough in it.
- Cover with towel or foil and leave it to rise for about 1,5-2 hours until the size of it is double.
- After this,divide the dough into two parts.
- Form a balls and place them on a baking dish covered with baking paper.
- Push them a little bit on the top and sprinkle with some more corn flour.
- Leave them for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 230C degrees.
- Bake the breads for 10 minutes,after this reduce the heat to 190C degrees and bake for additional 20 minutes.
- After baking,remove the baked breads from the oven and leave them to cool down before serving.
- This recipe is easy to make and prepare but requires more time to make because you have to wait the dough to rise.But the waiting is worth and you and your family will like the taste of this healthy homemade cornbread.Enjoy.
HEALTHY RECIPES https://www.thehealthierrecipes.com/