SUGAR-FREE CHOCOLATE CREPES
SWEET AND YUMMY CHOCOLATE CREPES
Let have something sweet for breakfast and in the same case,healthy.These yummy chocolate crepes are your best choice for this.Absolutely sugar-free and really,really delicious and flavorful.They taste like a sweet and rich in chocolate cake.Amazing breakfast.Which is actually one of my best favorite and healthy breakfasts.I can eat these crepes every single day.And I promise that you will also eat them every day after trying them.Actually,this recipe is made from my Mother.But I decided to change it a little bit.And to add some chocolate taste and flavor to it.Because I really love chocolate and desserts and breakfasts with chocolate.I add cocoa powder in almost everything.Especially in my protein packed pancakes.
The chocolate is amazing food.Which everyone like to eat.And enjoy.This recipe is really awesome because it is so easy and light to prepare and make.Just few minutes and you have one sweet and healthy treat.It has one special ingredient-soda.This ingredient will make the crepes with better texture and taste.The recipe is sugar and gluten-free.The sweetness comes from the banana cheesecake cream which I will write how to prepare and make.This banana cheesecake cream will be the stuffing for our crepes.There are one more option for stuffing which is banana cream,but it is a little bit unhealthier than the banana cheesecake cream.But,both two are really tasty and sweet.I will write the recipe for each of them.They are also really easy and fast to make.
For the flour in my crepes,I am using whole wheat flour.But any other flour like plain,white,oat and etc. will work too.To make the chocolate taste and flavor,I added some unsweetened dark cocoa powder,but the regular cocoa powder is also good choice for this recipe.I am using one whole egg in this case,but for the vegan option of this recipe you can use flax or chia egg.You can make these two vegan alternatives to eggs really easy.Just add 1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds or chia seeds to a small mixing bowl and add 3 tablespoons of water.Stir well and wait for about 10 minutes to set.This is.To make these chocolate crepes a little bit fluffier,you can use baking powder or baking soda.In this case I’m using baking powder.I think that it is better choice than the baking soda because if you add more soda the crepes will be bitter.You don’t want this.You want sweet and yummy crepes.Right?
For the milk,any type of milk is fine.Almond milk,cashew milk,soy milk,cow milk.Any type is good.If you do not use non-stick cooking pan,you will need some butter or oil to cook these crepes.Finally,we came to the banana cheesecake cream or banana cream.The cheesecake option is made with ripe mashed banana and low-fat cottage cheese.The basic banana cream is made with whipping cream and mashed banana.The cheesecake cream will be healthier and packed with more protein.I think that it will taste better.So,for this recipe I used the banana cheesecake stuffing.This stuffing is optional.If you do not want to make it,use my homemade creamy peanut butter or my sweet homemade nutela instead.Feel free to use anything for topping and garnishing.Good option is to sprinkle with some powdered stevia or to add some fresh berries of your choice.
That is it for this recipe.I hope you will like it.If you want other recipes for something like these crepes,you should check this recipe for banana pancakes.These banana pancakes are also so sweet,healthy and tasty.And the most important–sugar-free.If you like this post,please comment below and share it.Also subscribe to the my blog newsletter to receive new healthy recipes like these chocolate crepes.Every single day.Thank you very much for reading.Enjoy and have a good time!
SUGAR FREE CHOCOLATE CREPES
SWEET,YUMMY,FLAVORFUL SUGAR FREE CHOCOLATE CREPES
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 1042
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 118g
Saturated Fat 72g
Trans Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 33g
Total Carbohydrates 285g
Dietary Fiber 17g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
For the crepes
- 2 cups whole wheat flour-about 250 grams (or any other type of flour,like plain,white,almond,oat and etc.)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened dark cocoa powder (or regular cocoa powder)
- 1 whole egg or 1 flax or chia egg (1 tablespoon ground flax seeds or chia seeds+3 tablespoons water)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder or baking soda
- 250 milliliters milk of your choice (almond,cashew,soy or cow)
- 200 milliliters soda
- 2-3 tablespoons melted unsalted grass-fed cow butter or melted extra virgin coconut oil
- more butter or oil for cooking (or non-stick cooking spray)
For the banana cheesecake cream
- 1 medium size ripe banana (peeled and mashed)
- 1/2 cup low-fat or fat-free cottage cheese (or regular cottage cheese)
- 1 tablespoon stevia powder or liquid stevia (or any other sweetener of your choice)
For the banana cream
- 200 milliliters whipping cream (fat-free or low-fat)
- 1 medium size ripe banana (peeled and mashed)
- sweetener or your choice
- Combine the whole wheat flour,unsweetened cocoa powder and baking powder or baking soda in a large mixing bowl.Stir well.
- Add the whole egg or flax or chia egg to the bowl.
- Add the melted butter or coconut oil to the bowl also and mix everything well.
- Stir in the milk of your choice and and soda water.
- Mix everything really well until it is combined.Set aside.
- Preheat a non-stick cooking pan on a medium-high heat.
- Spray with some non-stick cooking spray or brush with more butter or oil.
- Pour some of the crepe batter and cook until it is ready.After that,use a spatula to flip the crepe and to cook on the other side as well.
- Repeat this process until all batter is gone.
- To make the banana cheesecake cream you only have to peel and mash the ripe banana and to combine it with the low-fat or fat-free cottage cheese and some stevia.
- For the banana cream you also have to peel and mash the banana.After that,whisk the whipping cream with a mixer.Combine the mashed banana and whipped cream,add some sweetener and mix everything well.That is it.
- Spread the stuffing on each of the crepes and roll them.
- Garnish and top with your favorite toppings.
- For these crepes,I prefer fresh berries for garnishing and topping.Good choices are strawberries,raspberries,blueberries or blackberries.Or some more sliced banana.
HEALTHY RECIPES https://www.thehealthierrecipes.com/