Today’s recommendation for one healthy and tasty menu is falafel.
Oven baked falafel. In this way of cooking these yummy balls from chickpeas are healthier than the regular which are fried.And in most cases deep fried.Which is really unhealthy because they become really high in unhealthy and excess fats.
I actually don’t like fried foods.This way of cooking is prohibited for me.Just kidding.I eat fried foods only 1-2 times in the month.Prefer baking,roasting,grilling and boiling the food.These cooking methods are much healthier than the frying.And in this recipe we will talk about oven baked falafel.These tasty balls which are like vegan meatballs comes from Asia.Some people say that they are coming from Egypt,other say that are from Israel.
It doesn’t matter from where they are.Everyone like them and their taste and flavor.Usually they are made from chickpeas,but I think that they can be prepared from other type of beans like black beans,red kidney beans,white beans.Or garbanzo beans.
The recipe in this post is actually the basic recipe.It contains as much as possible original ingredients.Chickpeas,cumin,extra virgin olive oil and paprika powder.I’m using canned chickpeas,but you can use raw.Just soak them in water for about 12-15 hours or overnight.I added a little bit or red-hot chili pepper powder for some more spiciness.Because I really like spicy foods,but it’s optional.You will need some fresh parsley,fresh red onion and garlic,baking powder or baking soda and some type of flour.I usually use whole wheat flour because it’s my favorite,but any type of other flour will work too for this recipe.
If you are a fan of the seasonings and spices,feel free to add any type of them to the recipe.Make it in the way which you like and enjoy the best.And the final ingredient,which will add some more taste and flavor to these oven baked falafel is the white sesame seeds.Use them to top the falafel before baking them in the oven.That’s it for this yummy recipe.You see that it’s really simple and easy.One of the best vegan high protein meals for your lunch or dinner.
If you like recipes for meatballs or something like these falafel you can check the recipe for chicken meatballs or beef meatballs. For side dish to this meal I recommend you to make this healthy green salad. Another good combination is with these yummy balls and my homemade mayonnaise. And other recipe for yummy oven baked falafel you can view at this blog also for healthy recipes: Baked falafels. If you like this post,please comment and share it.Also subscribe to the blog newsletter to receive new delicious recipes every single day.Thank you very much for reading.Enjoy and have a good time.
OVEN BAKED FALAFEL
TASTY AND FLAVORFUL OVEN BAKED FALAFEL RECIPE
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 16
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 2g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 6g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 can chickpeas (about 250-300 grams) (or raw chickpeas)
- Himalayan,table or sea salt to taste
- coriander powder to taste
- 3-4 stalks fresh parsley
- 1 medium size red onion (or white onion)
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (or baking soda)
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour (or plain,chickpea or white flour)
- red hot chili pepper powder to taste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (or sunflower oil or melted extra virgin coconut oil)
- 1-2 tablespoons white sesame seeds for garnishing (optional)
- If you use raw chickpeas instead of canned,you must soak them in room temperature water for about 12-15 hours.
- Put them in a high speed blender or food processor and blend until the mixture is like a thick paste.Don't blend too much.When there are some pieces of chickpeas in the mixture the texture and taste are better.
- Peel and dice the red or white onion.Also peel and chop the garlic cloves.Cut the fresh parsley.
- Add the diced onion and chopped garlic clove and parsley to the blender with blended chickpeas.
- Add some salt of your choice,1/2 teaspoon of ground coriander seasoning,the cumin powder,whole wheat flour,baking powder or baking soda and a little bit of red hot chili pepper powder.
- Blend everything together,and after blending,put the ready mixture in the fridge for about an hour to chill.
- After this 1 hour,form balls with tennis ball size from the mixture.This mixture yields about 15 balls.
- Get a baking dish and place baking or parchment paper on it.If you don't have baking paper,spray the dish with some non-stick cooking spray or grease with some oil or butter.
- Place the ready balls on the baking dish.
- Toss them with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil or other oil of your choice.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds on the top.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C degrees.
- Put the baking dish with falafel in it and bake them for about 15-20 minutes.Until they're golden brown.
- Serve them with your favorite side dishes and enjoy.
- Good side dishes for these yummy balls are green salad,yogurt sauce or homemade mayonnaise.
HEALTHY RECIPES https://www.thehealthierrecipes.com/