GREEN PEAS CREAM SOUP
YUMMY AND CREAMY,HEALTHY GREEN PEAS CREAM SOUP
After all these desserts from the previous posts,now is time for something different and lighter.
Something for one healthy lunch or dinner.That is also yummy and really,really tasty and flavorful.I will explain it in this post.
This creamy-dreamy green peas soup is absolutely amazing.It combines so much tastes and flavors.Really tasty and yummy.The perfect option for healthy and nutritional meal.For your family lunch or dinner.I promise that everyone will love it after trying.Yummy!
This creamy meal is made really easy.It only takes about 25 minutes total of preparing the ingredients and cooking them.You can make it when you are busy or need something fast and easy to eat.Really cool and simple,yeah?
The main ingredient in it is the green peas.They are really healthy food.One of the best vegan high-protein foods.And are so tasty,when cooked in the right way.Like in this soup.This recipe uses canned low-sodium green peas,but you can use frozen or fresh.This is your choice.I prefer canned because it is faster to cook.
For the base of this soup you can use low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth for the vegetarian and vegan option of this recipe.With any of these two the result will be awesome.If you do not want to use any of these broth,use just water or coconut water instead.
To make that creamy-dreamy texture of this tasty soup,this recipe uses low-fat Greek yogurt.This type of yogurt is creamier and higher in protein than the regular yogurt.But if you want,you can use the regular type or any other type of yogurt that you want.For the vegan and vegetarian option,you should use plant-based yogurt like soy or coconut.Or add some coconut cream to it.
For the seasonings,I like to keep it simple and use only sea salt and black pepper powder.Feel free to add any other seasoning or spice to this creamy soup,to make it in the way which you like and enjoy the best.
I think that this is everything for this delicious recipe.If you like this type of soups,I recommend you to check my recipes for potato cream soup and creamy pumpkin soup .These two soups are also so creamy,so tasty and so yummy.I must try them if you like soups.Especially cream soups.
If you like this post and this recipe,please comment below and share the post.Also subscribe to the blog newsletter to receive new tasty recipes like this green peas cream soup.Everyday.
Thank you really much for the reading and stopping at my website.Enjoy and have a good time!
GREEN PEAS CREAM SOUP
YUMMY,CREAM ,TASTY AND FLAVORFUL CREAM SOUP MADE WITH GREEN PEAS
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 37
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 4g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 11g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or extra virgin melted coconut oil (or sunflower oil)
- 1 larger size white or red onion (sliced)
- 2 1/2 cups or 600 milliliters chicken or vegetable broth (or water or coconut water)
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan,sea or table salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 can or 300 grams low-sodium canned green peas (or fresh or frozen green peas)
- 4 tablespoon low-fat Greek yogurt for creaminess
- The first step of making this creamy soup is to preheat a large pot on a medium-high heat.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil or other oil of your choice to the pot.
- Wash,peel and slice the white or red onion.
- Add it to the pot and stir.
- Cover the pot and cook the onion for about 4-5 minutes.Until it is soft.
- After that,add the chicken or vegetable broth or the water or coconut water to the pot,the salt and pepper and bring it to boil.
- Add the canned or frozen green peas,stir and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and pour the soup into high-speed blender or food processor.You can divide it into two parts if it is too much.
- Add the yogurt and blend everything until the consistency is smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately or put it in the fridge and enjoy cooled.
- After making the soup,add some more green peas on the top and drizzle a little bit of cow or plant based milk for better taste.
- Feel free to add any seasonings and spices to the soup.
HEALTHY RECIPES https://www.thehealthierrecipes.com/