EASY AND TASTY,HOMEMADE HUMMUS RECIPE
If you want to make homemade hummus,here is a very easy to make recipe.The taste and quality of the homemade hummus are much better than any other you can buy in the store.This recipe is really healthy and delicious.You can enjoy this healthy snack on slice of toasted bread or as a party dip with your friends and family.
If you don’t have tahini (paste made from blended sesame seeds),you can try to make it at home or just don’t add it to the recipe.Hummus of chickpeas without tahini is also quite delicious.Just add some more extra virgin olive oil.Another healthy option is to use all natural peanut butter on its place.
The recipe is one of the easiest.It only takes about 10 minutes to make it.Enjoy and have a good time.Another healthy recipes like this one you can find at these links: Avocado Humus and Tapenade .
Tasty,creamy and yummy,homemade hummus.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 96
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 11g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrates 13g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 can chickpeas (about 425 grams)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (60 ml)
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 1 small garlic clove (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- Himalayan salt to taste (table or sea salt will work too)
- 2-3 tablespoons water (30-45 ml)
- red pepper powder and extra virgin olive oil for serving and garnishing
- In a high speed blender or food processor add the tahini paste and fresh lemon juice.Blend for about 1 minute.
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the blender and blend for additional 30 seconds.This extra time helps the tahini to blend well,making the hummus smooth and creamy.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil,chopped garlic clove,cumin powder and 1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan salt to the blender.
- Blend for about 30 seconds,scrape the sides and blend again for 30 seconds until the mixture is homogenized.
- Drain and wash the canned chickpeas.Add the half of it to the blender and blend for 1 minute.
- Scrape the sides and add the other half of chickpeas.Blend again until the hummus is thick and creamy.
- If it is too thick,add some water to it and blend everything well again.
- Add more Himalayan salt to it if needed.
- Serve with a sprinkle of red pepper powder and drizzle of extra virgin olive oil on the top.Another tasty option for garnishing is to sprinkle some seeds on the top like flax seeds,sunflower seeds,chia seeds and many others.
- Store the ready hummus in the fridge for up to one week.
- Have a good time with your friends and family while enjoying this healthy and full of taste,homemade hummus.
HEALTHY RECIPES https://www.thehealthierrecipes.com/