HEALTHY,SUGAR FREE HOMEMADE OATMEAL COOKIES
Some people,when they hear oatmeal,imagine a full bowl of plain porridge for breakfast which has to be eaten just because it is healthy.Sometimes this label “healthy” makes us to associate the food as something that definitely will not give us the necessary pleasure from eating it.
The health benefits of the oats are well known.I want to show you that besides healthy,they are insanely sweet and tasty.I prefer them anyway.For breakfast,as a snack or just as a dessert after my lunch or dinner.
These oatmeal cookies are so crumbly and flavorful.Now I will show you the recipe which I and my family really like.You can add some dried fruits to it to make it more sweet and tasty.Or chocolate chips.Good combinations are dried cherries and chocolate chips,raisins and chopped hazelnuts and many others.Always this recipe will be great.
I recommend you to check these healthy cookie recipes for more ideas: Healthy Cookies , Chocolate Cookies and Oat and Raisin Cookies .Enjoy the healthy oatmeal cookies with your friend or family and have a good time.
HEALTHY SUGAR FREE HOMEMADE OATMEAL COOKIES
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 1211
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 140g
Saturated Fat 65g
Trans Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 31g
Monounsaturated Fat 33g
Total Carbohydrates 295g
Dietary Fiber 21g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 115 grams unsalted grass fed cow butter (you can use reduced fat version for lower fat content)
- 100 grams of stevia or other sweetener of your choice (sucralose or liquid sweetener)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 whole fresh egg
- 100 grams whole wheat flour (or any type of flour like oat,almond or plain)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of Himalayan,table or sea salt
- 120 grams rolled quick oats
- 50 grams raisins
- 50 grams roasted walnuts or pecans (chopped)
- Beat the butter with stevia in large bowl with hand mixer or by hand.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and continue beating.
- In other bowl,combine the flour,rolled oats,baking soda,sea salt and ground cinnamon.Mix everything well.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with wet ingredients and stir everything together very well.
- At the end,add the chopped walnuts or pecans and raisins to the mixture and stir.
- Cove the bowl with towel or foil and put in the refrigerator for about 30-40 minutes to chill.
- You can bake them immediately but they will not be so good.
- Preheat the oven to 180C degrees.
- Cover a baking dish with baking or parchment paper and spray some non-stick cooking spray over it.
- With a spoon,scoop out some of the mixture and place it on the baking dish.Form a cookie.
- Bake them for about 10-12 minutes until they are golden brown.
- After that,remove them from the oven and set aside to cool down for about 5-10 minutes before serving.
- That's it.You just made your own healthy and sweet oatmeal cookies at home.
- These cookies can be stored in closed container for up to 3-4 days.Use honey or maple syrup if you don't want to use stevia.
HEALTHY RECIPES https://www.thehealthierrecipes.com/