If it were not the potatoes,we would probably have died of hunger.The recipes with potatoes are so simple and easy to prepare and make.And so satisfying.They are the biggest part of the people’s menu all over the whole world.
There are so many different types of recipes with potatoes.Like potato meatballs,potato salads and potato stews.But there is one classic.The potato soup.The flavors and tastes in this cream soup is perfectly combined.
It’s light and is perfect choice for one healthy lunch or dinner with your family.This soup contains one secret ingredient – white wine.This ingredient makes the taste little bit specific,but really delicious.Also other specific ingredient is the oregano which is one of the best seasonings for this types of recipes.Really flavorful.
Today I will show you the recipe for this yummy potato soup.You will only need few simple ingredients,high-speed blender or food processor and stove top to cook it.You can serve the whole family with this recipe.About four peoples.It only takes about 45 minutes to prepare and cook it,so let’s get started.
Just enjoy and have good time.If you like homemade soups like this one,you should check this: Pumpkin Soup .
CREAMY AND YUMMY POTATO SOUP
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 6g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 30g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 500 grams fresh potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 2 medium size carrots (chopped)
- 1 medium size red or white onion (peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1/4 cup white wine (any type)
- 2 tablespoons cow butter (you can use low fat version)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- The first step of making this soup is to prepare the vegetables.
- Wash,clean,peel and chop them into large pieces.
- Place them into large pot and add water to cover them.
- Add about 1 teaspoon Himalayan,table or sea salt to the water and bring to boil on medium-high heat.
- Boil until the potatoes are soft enough.After cooking don't throw the water from the pot.
- After everything is done,add the cooked veggies to high speed blender or food processor with the cow butter.
- Add the water from the pot and blend well everything together until you have creamy texture.The mixture should be homogenized.
- Pour the mixture back in the pot on a low heat.
- Add the white wine and dried oregano,stir and cook for additional 5 minutes on low heat.
- After that,pour the ready soup into serving bowls or plates.
- Garnish with a drizzle of cream and fresh cut parsley on the top.
- And enjoy the creamy taste.
- If you like other seasonings or spices,feel free to add what you like and enjoy the best to this soup.
HEALTHY RECIPES https://www.thehealthierrecipes.com/