PUMPKIN PIE PROTEIN OATMEAL PORRIDGE
THE BEST YUMMY AND CREAMY SUGAR-FREE PUMPKIN PIE OATMEAL PORRIDGE
Today I will show you one of my best favorites healthy breakfasts.The pumpkin pie protein oatmeal porridge.
This creamy-dreamy porridge is absolutely amazing and satisfying.It tastes exactly like pumpkin pie.Like you have dessert for breakfast.The taste is really sweet.Has an awesome flavor of pumpkin,cinnamon,ground ginger,nutmeg and cloves.These specific spices make this yummy taste and sweet flavor.
I really like this porridge and I promise that you also will like it after trying.
This recipe is really easy to prepare and cook.You can make it in under 10 minutes.The perfect breakfast option for busy mornings.Like mine mornings,when I have to go for school.Cooked in the microwave for 2 minutes,this sweet porridge is your best choice in this case.
The oats that I used were gluten-free fine rolled oats.But the regular oats will work also well for this recipe.I like the fine rolled oats because they make creamier texture when they are cooked.I think that this porridge can be made with wheat flakes instead of rolled oats.Or barley flakes.
This is your choice,but I recommend you to use the oats.They are prepared and cooked faster than any other grain.And make better taste and texture to the final product.
You can cook the oats in just water,but the better option in this case is the milk.Any type of milk is good.Like low-fat or fat-free cow milk or almond milk for the vegan option.Other types of milk that are good are coconut milk,soy milk and cashew milk.The milk will make that creamy and yummy texture.So,you should use milk of want creamier and yummier porridge.
To make that pumpkin pie taste and flavor,I used canned pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice.If you also use canned pumpkin puree,make sure that you use the unsweetened version.The only ingredient should be just pumpkin.You can make pumpkin puree at home.It is really simple.You only have to cut and peel your sweet pumpkin and steam it or boil it.You can also bake it,if you want.
The pumpkin spice is made with ground cinnamon powder,ground nutmeg powder,ground ginger powder and ground cloves powder.You can make this at home.Or just add the ingredients one by one in the porridge,like I do.
This recipe is actually sugar-free.The sweetness comes from the raw honey and the ground cinnamon powder.Instead of raw honey,you can use natural unsweetened maple syrup or raw agave nectar.If you want a low-calorie version,you can use liquid or powdered stevia.Or any other calorie-free sweetener.
To add some protein boost to this healthy breakfast,I added a scoop of vanilla whey protein powder.It makes perfect combination with the pumpkin.The plant based protein powder is also good choice,instead of whey protein powder.This ingredient is actually optional,but it adds more creaminess and sweeter taste.
I cooked my oats for 2 minutes.Some oats are fully cooked at 2 minutes,other are cooked at 2:30 minutes.I recommend you to start with 2 minutes and if the oats are not fully cooked,put them in the microwave for additional 30 seconds.
That is it for this creamy and yummy sweet pumpkin pie oatmeal porridge.If you like porridge recipes,you should check my other recipe for peanut butter&jelly oatmeal porridge .
And if you want other recipes with oats,these are your best choices: banana oatmeal muffins , banana oat smoothie and sugar-free oatmeal cookies . These recipes are all sugar-free and really sweet and healthy.You must try them if like oats.
I hope that you like this post and this sweet recipe and if so,please comment below and share it.
Subscribe to the blog newsletter,if you want to receive new healthy and tasty recipes like this one.Every single day.
Thank you really much for reading and stopping at my website.Enjoy this creamy-dreamy porridge and have a good time!
PUMPKIN PIE PROTEIN OATMEAL PORRIDGE
YUMMY,CREAMY AND SWEET,SUGAR-FREE PROTEIN OATMEAL PORRIDGE WITH PUMPKIN PIE TASTE AND FLAVOR.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 114
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 13g
Saturated Fat 6g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrates 101g
Dietary Fiber 13g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 cup or 80 grams gluten-free fine rolled oats (or regular rolled oats) (or wheat or barley flakes)
- 1 1/2 cup milk or water (any type of milk)
- 1/2 cup canned unsweetened pumpkin puree (or homemade)
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder (or plant based protein powder) (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves powder
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (or natural unsweetened maple syrup or raw agave nectar) (or any other sweetener of your choice)
- The first step is to measure your rolled oats and put them in larger bowl.
- After that add the milk of your choice or water to the bowl.
- With a fork or spoon,stir and put in the microwave for about 2-2:30 minutes.Until the oats are fully cooked.
- When they are cooked,add the 1/2 cup of unsweetened pumpkin puree to the bowl.
- Add the cinnamon,nutmeg,ginger and cloves.
- Mix well everything.
- Stir in the vanilla whey protein powder and raw honey.
- Mix again everything very well until it is fully combined.
- Serve warm and enjoy that amazing sweet taste.
- If you want thicker porridge,put it in the microwave after adding everything for additional 30 seconds.In this way the porridge will become thicker and creamier.
HEALTHY RECIPES https://www.thehealthierrecipes.com/