The quinoa is one of the healthiest foods on the planet.She is well-known with the health benefits.This healthy grain is packed with essential nutrients.It’s the perfect alternative of white rice.She is low-fat and high protein food.Also she is complex carbohydrate which is better for your health.
The quinoa is used in many different kinds of recipes.Like this quinoa salad,quinoa porridge,chicken recipes,desserts, quinoa pancakes and waffles and many,many others.Also you can make the quinoa into flour and use it to make cakes,breads and other recipes with dough.You can use it almost for everything that you like and enjoy.
Today I will show you one healthy and delicious salad recipe with cooked quinoa.This salad is from the Greek cuisine.It has different ingredients and it’s a good choice for one summer healthy meal.The salad is very nutritious and will fill you up and you will not be hunger for a long period of time,because the quinoa is also high in fiber.You can add more vegetables of your choice to this recipe.It’s customizable and you can make what you like and enjoy the best with it.
I recommend you to try these tasty and healthy salad recipes if you are salad fan: Green Salad , Tuna Salad and Brown Rice Salad .Enjoy and have a good time!
TASTY SALAD FROM THE GREEK CUISINE
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 191
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 22g
Saturated Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 13g
Total Carbohydrates 74g
Dietary Fiber 14g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 150 grams uncooked quinoa
- 1 medium size iceberg salad lettuce (optional)
- 1-2 medium size red tomatoes
- 1 medium size fresh cucumber
- 1-2 medium size green peppers
- 1 medium size carrot (optional)
- 50 grams olive paste
- Himalayan,sea or table salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons wine or apple cider vinegar
- The first thing to do is to chop the iceberg salad lettuce in a large salad bowl or plate.
- Wash and dice the tomatoes,cucumber,green peppers and carrot into pieces.
- Ad them to the bowl with chopped lettuce.
- Soak the quinoa in water for about 15 minutes.After this,drain.
- The ratio for cooking quinoa with water is one part quinoa-two parts water (1:2).
- Place the drained quinoa into pot and pour the water over.
- Wait the water to boil and then,reduce the heat to low and cook for about 15 minutes until all of the water is absorbed.
- After cooking,add the cooked quinoa to the salad bowl.
- Season with some salt and black pepper. (you can add any type of seasonings and spices to the bowl)
- Next is to add the olive paste,vinegar and extra virgin olive oil to the bowl and to stir everything very well.
- Serve into plates or bowls and enjoy the great taste and flavor.
- You can make your own olive paste at home.Just add some black or green olives to high speed blender or food processor and a little bit of extra virgin olive oil and process until the mixture is homogenized and creamy.
- If don't like olive paste,you can use just black or green olives or dried tomatoes instead.
HEALTHY RECIPES https://www.thehealthierrecipes.com/