TASTY,FULL OF FLAVORS RATATOUILLE CASSEROLE
This amazing country.I really like it.Especially the French cuisine and meals from it.There are also so tasty and flavorful like these in the Italian cuisine.
Actually,there is not too much recipes and variations of meals in France,but they are really,really delicious.One of these yummy meals and the most famous of them is the Ratatouille.
This French meal comes from France in town Nice.It is really simple and easy to prepare and cook.Everyone can make it.For just about 1 hour total of preparing the products and cook them.It has got different ingredients and flavors.And the final result is awesome.You can find this French meal on the web and every recipe for it is different from the others.
The basic ingredients are zucchini,eggplants and tomatoes.Some people like to add some red or yellow bell peppers or yellow squash instead of the zucchini.Really different choices but one tasty meal.However,it doesn’t matter how you will cook it.
With each of these recipes this meal will be great.In this post we’ll make it with just green zucchini,eggplants and yellow tomatoes.You can use only red tomatoes.I used mix of red and yellow tomatoes.And I think that the it was good choice.Trust me,the result is amazing.
Everyone will love this meal after trying.It’s the perfect option for healthy and flavorful lunch or dinner.With your lovely family or your best friends.You only need pan and casserole dish to bake the ingredients in it.And that’s it for this healthy and yummy french recipe.
If you like it you should check my other recipe for ratatouile in the blog.And if you like this post,please comment,share it and subscribe to the blog newsletter.
After subscribing you will receive new yummy recipes like this ratatouille every single day.Thank you in advance!Just enjoy and have a good time!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or sunflower oil)
- 1 large size yellow or red tomato for the sauce
- 2 garlic cloves for the sauce (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree (canned)
- 1 large size eggplant
- 1 large size green zucchini
- 2 large size red or yellow tomatoes
- more extra virgin olive oil or sunflower oil for the baking
- Himalayan,table or sea salt to taste
- black pepper powder to taste
- fresh thyme for garnishing
- The first step of making the ratatouille is to prepare the ingredients.Wash the eggplant and dice it into slices.
- Season them with some salt and set aside.After about 5-10 minutes,use a towel to drain them from the excess liquid.
- Next is to preheat a non-stick cooking pan or something like that on a medium high heat.
- Wash and dice the tomato for the sauce into small pieces.Peel and chop the garlic clove.
- Add the two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil or other oil of your choice to the pan.
- Add the diced tomatoes,chopped garlic clove and tomato puree.
- Stir and cook the sauce until it's thick and creamy.Around 10 minutes.
- After that remove the pan from the heat and season the sauce with some salt and black pepper powder.
- Wash and dice the other tomatoes and green zucchini into slices.
- Get a casserole dish and sprinkle some extra virgin olive oil on the bottom.
- Pour the ready tomato sauce in the casserole dish.
- After this take the sliced veggies and arrange them in the dish.Like in the pictures.
- Toss them with more olive oil and sprinkle with some fresh thyme on the top.
- Put the casserole in preheated to 200°C oven and bake for about 40-45 minutes.
- Serve immediately after baking and enjoy!
- This meal is customizable. You can use peppers instead of tomatoes.Or use other type of seasonings and spices of your choice.