LENTIL AND MUSHROOMS VEGGIE BURGERS
YUMMY AND TASTY VEGGIE BURGERS WITH LENTIL AND MUSHROOMS.
Today’s lunch was these yummy,tasty,healthy,flavorful vegan lentil and mushroom veggie burgers.They are full with a lot of different ingredients,tastes,seasonings,spices and flavors.Absolutely amazing dish.The perfect vegan-friendly lunch.Higher in protein and lower in fat.The best meal ever.You will love them after trying.I promise you.
These yummy veggie burgers are meatless.Instead of meat,we will use cooked lentil and mushrooms.These two ingredients make that yummy taste.You can use any type of lentil.Like green,brown or red.All of them are good for this recipe.In this case we will use green lentil.The cooking is really easy.Just follow the instruction label on your lentil package.Usually it is boiled in water for about 20 minutes.
For the mushrooms is the same.Any type of mushrooms works well.
The lentil is the one of the best plant-based protein sources on the planet.It is really nutritious and really healthy.
Instead of whole eggs,this recipe uses flax eggs.To make flax eggs you just need to mix 1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds with 3 tablespoons of water and set aside for about 10-15 minutes to incorporate.The texture should be like a jelly.This is your flax egg.These “eggs” can be prepared with chia seeds also.The way of making is the same.
To add some thickness to these tasty burgers we will use some gluten-free fine rolled oat flakes.The regular rolled oats are also good,if you do not have problems with the gluten in the foods.Choose fine oats because they incorporate in the mixture easier than the regular type.You can also use wheat,barley or rye flakes instead of oats.Or use some cream of rice or wheat.All of these ingredients are good and will work well in this case.
For the seasonings,this is your choice.Feel free to add any type of seasoning in the recipe.They are optional but make a big difference in the taste.It is better with them,so add them if you want the best tasting burger.I like to add onion powder,garlic powder,red pepper powder,chili powder,curry,cumin,thyme,basil and oregano.Actually these are my best favorite seasonings.The taste with them is amazing.
To assemble the burgers you will need some burger buns and some fresh-cut veggies.The burger buns in this recipe are whole-wheat burger buns.If you want gluten-free version,choose corn or rice flour burger buns.Or any type of gluten-free buns.The veggies are fresh-cut lettuce,tomatoes and onions.
The sauces are optional.You can use any type.If you want to make homemade,healthier versions try my homemade mayonnaise .
I think that this is everything for this recipe.If you like it,please comment below and share this post.Also,subscribe to my blog newsletter to receive new tasty recipes like these veggie burgers.Every single day.
Thank you really much for the reading and stopping at my site.Enjoy and have a good time!
LENTIL AND MUSHROOMS VEGGIE BURGERS
TASTY AND FULL OF FLAVORS VEGGIE BURGERS WITH LENTIL AND MUSHROOMS
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 5g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 84g
Dietary Fiber 30g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds (or chia seeds)
- 6 tablespoons water
- 6 ounces or 170 grams mushrooms (any type)
- 2 cups or 450 grams cooked green lentil (or uncooked,just cook like normal lentil) (or brown or red lentil)
- 3/8 cup or 30 grams gluten-free fine rolled oats (or regular rolled oats)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of each: seasoned salt,red pepper powder,black pepper powder,cumin powder,curry powder,dried thyme,dried basil,dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp of Himalayan,sea or table salt to taste (optional)
- 6 whole wheat burger buns (or any other type of burger buns)
- 1 large size tomato
- 1 large size onion
- 2-3 lettuce leaves
- sauces of your choice
- The first step is to make your vegan eggs.Combine the ground flax seeds with water in a small bowl and set aside to incorporate for about 10-15 minutes.
- Wash and clean the mushrooms.Place them into high-speed blender or food processor and blend them until fine.
- Preheat a non-stick cooking pan on a medium-high heat and spray some non-stick cooking spray.Or grease with a little bit extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the chopped mushrooms to the pan,add some water if needed and cook until they are soft enough.About 2 minutes.
- When they are cooked,put them back in the blender or food processor together with the cooked green lentils.Blend well again.
- After that,put your flax eggs,gluten-free fine rolled oats and all of the seasonings to the blender.
- Blend again.
- Preheat your oven to 370°F or 190°C degrees.
- Take the burger mixture out of the blender and place it on a covered with baking paper and greased baking dish or sheet.
- Form a burgers from the mixture.It yields about 6 burger patties.
- Put in the oven and bake them for about 30 minutes.Until they are cooked.The baking time may vary.
- After baking remove from the oven and set them aside.
- Take your burger buns and cut them in halves.
- Place a leave of lettuce on each half.
- After that,place the burger buns on the lettuce,followed by a slice of fresh-cut tomatoes and finally,fresh cut onion.
- Top with the other half of the buns,serve and enjoy the best taste.
- You can some sauces like Dijon mustard,mayonnaise,ketchup or etc.
HEALTHY RECIPES https://www.thehealthierrecipes.com/