HEALTHY SUGAR FREE WAFFLES
THE BEST EVER HEALTHY WAFFLES WITHOUT SUGAR
Here is an another recipe for healthy and sweet breakfast.These yummy waffles are in the list of my favorite breakfast options.They are so tasty and flavorful.With a lot of sweet ingredients,they are the best ever.
Actually,these sweet waffles are sugar-free.The sweetness comes from the natural and unsweetened maple syrup in the batter.A pinch of cinnamon and vanilla extract also add a little bit of sweeter taste.The maple syrup can be replaced with raw honey or raw agave nectar.If you want lower on calories waffles,use liquid or powdered stevia. It is all-natural and calorie-free.
This recipe is also vegan-friendly.We will not use any animal products in it.Only plant-based and healthy ingredients.
The flour in the recipe is coconut flour with a little bit of walnut flour.In this way,these sweet waffles will be low in carbs and gluten-free.Which is actually great.The coconut flour can be replace with any other gluten-free flour like almond,buckwheat,rice,corn or etc.But the coconut flour makes the waffles fluffier.So if you want the best waffles,use coconut flour.The walnut flour will add some more nutrition and healthy Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids.
To add even more fluffiness to the waffles we will add some baking powder.Or baking soda.Both two works well.
For the eggs,you will need flax or chia eggs.They are really easy to make.Just 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds or chia seeds + 3 tablespoons of water.Mix and leave for 10 minutes.This is equal to 1 egg.You will need 4 of these eggs for this recipe.
You can use any type of plant-based milk.Like almond,cashew,coconut,rice and etc.In this case we will use vanilla soy milk.It will add some more sweet taste to the final product.The regular soy milk will also work.
For cooking the waffles you will need a little bit of oil to prevent them from sticking to the waffle maker.The cook time may vary.Each waffle maker makes the waffles in different time.But about 3-5 minutes are good.
Finally ,you can top them with a scoop of my homemade sugar-free ice cream to make the taste even better.
I think that this is everything for this delicious recipe.If you like it and want more ideas like it,you should check my fluffy low carb healthy pancakes , banana pancakes and protein pancakes . These 3 recipes for pancakes can be made also like waffles.They are really tasty.You must try them.
I hope that you like this post and this recipe and if so,please comment below and share it.Also subscribe to my blog newsletter to receive new tasty recipe like these yummy waffles.Every single day.
HEALTHY SUGAR FREE WAFFLES
SWEET WAFFLES WHICH ARE LOWER IN CARBS AND SUGARS
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 18g
Saturated Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrates 28g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 4 flax eggs (or chia eggs)
- 1/2 cup or 100 milliliters vanilla soy milk (or any other type of plant-based milk)
- 1 cup or 120 grams coconut flour (or other gluten-free flour)
- 1/4 cup or 20 grams walnut flour (or almond flour or meal)
- 2 tablespoons natural unsweetened maple syrup (or honey or agave nectar)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon powder
- 1 splash vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (or baking soda)
- oil or plant-based butter for cooking (or cooking spray)
- sugar-free ice cream for topping (optional)
- The first step is to make your flax eggs.
- Mix 4 tablespoons ground flax seeds or chia seeds with 12 tablespoons of water in a small bowl,stir and set aside until fully incorporated.About 10 minutes.
- After your "eggs"are ready,add all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until the mixture is smooth and homogenized.
- Preheat you waffle maker.
- Grease with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil or melted extra virgin coconut oil.Or spray some non-stick cooking spray.
- After the waffle maker is preheat enough,pour some of the waffle batter,close it and wait until the waffle is cooked.About 3-5 minutes are enough.
- Repeat this process until all of you batter is used.
- Serve the ready waffles with a scoop of ice cream and enjoy the sweet taste.
- These healthy waffles can be made in pancakes also.
- This recipe yields about 3-4 servings.This may vary because of the size of your waffle maker.
HEALTHY RECIPES https://www.thehealthierrecipes.com/
Follow me on my social media accounts:
Facebook: The Healthier Recipes
Pinterest: THE HEALTHIER RECIPES
Twitter: The Healthier Recipe
If you want to send me a message about this recipe or other,use this contact form: